Lofting in anger

After a seven month hiatus theres finally something to show.
Lofting board
Not a lot, I admit and it took a surprising amount of work to get this far. The best part of a day to get the MDF boards in and nail them down, then paint them white.
Lofting tools
The tools, from left to right:

Carpenters square - hardly used for this
Chalk line and blue chalk to establish the datum
Trammel beam, pencil and trammel heads to help draw right angles
Rule or Ruler
Pencil
Large pair of compasses
Hammer for putting nails on the points to spring the lofting battens around
Kneepads  - rubbish ones
iPad with plans and table of offsets
Book to tell me how to do it.
In the background - lofting battens

This represents a step forward and a commitment: I only have two and a half weeks before I have to take it all away. Im using a room in the school I work in and in September term starts.
I work best with a deadline!
A grid tomorrow.

0 maoni:

Chapisha Maoni